List of products by brand BURBERRY
Burberry , Tartan Style and more
Burberry was founded in 1856 when the then twenty-one year old Thomas Burberry, apprentice of an important tailor, opened his first store in Basingstoke, Hampshire, England.
It is a British luxury fashion house that makes clothes, accessories and cosmetics. Characteristic is the Tartan motif that is often present on its products and which has become its most recognized and imitated symbol. The initial name of the brand was exactly "Burberry's" or "Burberrys", then destined to change from 2000 in "Burberry of London". This choice was made when the manufacturer, now known all over the world, wanted to identify the garments produced exactly in the London offices from those produced, on the contrary, in other locations. However, both brands demonstrate authenticity.
There are five brands of Burberry, or five different collections with brands in their own right:
• Burberry: known for the classic tartan style. You can find this series with two separate labels: Burberrys of London and Burberry; the latter name belongs to the garments produced since 1999, as on that date the company decided to change its name from Burberrys of London to a more international Burberry. Under this brand most of the known Burberry products fall.
• Burberry Prorsum: created by the designer Christofer Bailey, which has a less classic, more glamorous touch: it is the collection that parades on the catwalk interpreted by the most famous supermodels and that changes every year, not as continuous as the other (though sometimes the tartan motif is also found in the Prorsum collection). For example, the Burberry Trench must have been proposed in the Prorsum collection but revisited: from simple it became studded.
• Burberry Black Label: developed exclusively for Japan where the brand is a great success. The tartan is almost completely absent in favor of gray, smoky and dull colors or, more rarely, very sweet pastel shades; occasional garments and details in denim also appear. Initially the collection was exclusively male, but the advertising campaign also invited the female public to dress with these garments given their particularly voluntarily androgynous cut; subsequently the women's collection was introduced, with the same characteristics of sobriety of cut and color of the male one.
• Burberry Sport: line with a more youthful and sporty style.
• Thomas Burberry: line that incorporates the original style and is renewed in private and high-level collections.
The company owns its own stores and franchises all over the world, but also sells through franchises in third-party shops.
The most prestigious products of the burberry brand, such as footwear, bags, accessories for men and women, scarves and scarves and clothing can be found by visiting our store or directly online on our e-commerce.